Proper lash growth depends on many factors. One of them are nutrients that should be provided by both diet and cosmetics. What vitamins are good for eyelashes? What to use to strengthen lashes?
Just like hair, eyelash growth can be distorted if they do not get enough valuable ingredients. In care, vitamins and minerals are the most important, next to water (moisturizing is the basis), lipids and proteins. It is worth knowing what to look for in eyelash serums – these are the most popular nutrients for eyelashes.
What vitamins are good for stronger eyelashes?
- Vitamin A – takes part in the process of eyelash growth and strengthens their protection.
- Vitamin C – reduces the harmfulness of free radicals and makes the lashes more elastic.
- Vitamin E – is a powerful antioxidant, reduces the ageing process.
- Vitamin H (biotin) – strengthens, adds shine and reduces the brittleness of eyelashes.
What minerals for stronger eyelashes?
- Zinc – accelerates the production of keratin, that is the building material of eyelashes.
- Silicon – is responsible for increasing lash elasticity and their radiance.
- Iron – provides the energy necessary for rapid growth.
- Iodine – beneficial effect on eyelash growth.
All these ingredients can be included in the composition of an eyelash serum in this form. The most common formulas are enriched with vitamin E (tocopherol) and biotin.
However, most of these vitamins and minerals should derive from plant extracts and certain complexes that occur in nutrients. A well-composed serum does not have to contain all of them and have a maximum saturated composition. Sometimes one herbal extract can give your eyelashes everything they need for proper growth.
What ingredients to look for in eyelash serums?
- Eyebright Extract (Euphrasia Officinalis Extract)
- Hyaluronic acid (Hyaluronic Acid)
- Aloe leaf extract (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract)
- Pumpkin seed extract (Cucurbita Pepo Seedcake) etc.
Important! A good eyelash serum does not have to contain all the ingredients listed. One of them is enough to provide vitamins for stronger eyelashes. In a duet with an appropriate substance that accelerates the growth of eyelashes, such an extract will work with double strength.