Eyelashes love natural nutrients because they’re extremely delicate and constantly exposed to damage. What to search for in eyelash care products? We take a closer look at the most popular ingredients in eyelash growth serums.
If you want to make your lashes grow faster, there are two options to choose from. A ready-made product or natural DIY lash serums. Which one’s better? Definitely buying a tried and tested serum which is highly-rated by women. Experimenting and mixing some products may bring more harm than good.
You must remember that serums aren’t equally effective. The effects mostly depend on the ingredients you should check before buying an enhancer.
Eyelash growth serums – the most common ingredients
• Vitamin E: it has antioxidant properties, meaning it should prevent ageing, weakening and lash loss. It’s known as the vitamin of youth because it reduces eyelash problems that come with the passage of time. It reinforces, delivers elasticity and effectively nourishes.
• Eyebright extract: it has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic power because it’s rich in histamine-blocking substances. It reduces the harmfulness of bacteria which settle on the lash base e.g. due to the wrong makeup removal.
• Green tea extract: it’s a natural source of vitamin C, B, K, P, mineral salts and flavonoids. It’s characterized by the antioxidant, repairing and toning action. As a result, the eye skin maintains the acid-base balance.
• Castor oil: it’s mostly recommended as a lash growth stimulating oil. A natural and cold-pressed castor oil stimulates the work of lash bulbs and deeply nourishes so eyelashes are longer, stronger, shiny and defined.
• Other oils: different oils are suitable for lash care, too, e.g. almond oil, raspberry oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, sunflower oil, cottonseed oil. Every natural oil works like a protective shield, locking water and nutrients in. It nourishes, protects and strengthens lashes.
• Proteins of soy and wheat: these ingredients usually come together because they effects are better then. Eyelashes need proteins for repair and strength. Soy and wheat may boost lash growth and hinder fall out.